door chime through speaker

I hate buzzers and chimes, and have always disconnected them. My 04 Silverado has the chime through the audio system. Armed with the factory manual, it looks like I can disconnect the light green wire from position B12 on the C2 connector at the body control module, and stop the chime without affecting anything else. Any draw backs to doing this? I just don't want to disconnect any vital functions with the chime. This single wire is described as a data link connection. Any experience dealing with these audio system chimes is appreciated. TIA ---------Alex

Reply to
#1ACGuy

Greetings,

I've never done this particular fix you are describing, but there may be a couple of issues (I don't know for sure, just my two cents worth).

As well as disabling the door chime, you may also be disabling the door monitor messages on the driver information center. You know, the one's that say "Passenger door ajar", etc. when you put the truck into gear.

The other thing that may happen is you may set an error code in the ECM if the body control module reads a failure of a circuit, espeically since this is a data link connection. Again, this is just a guess - the only way to truly find out is to disconnect it and see what happens.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan