S-10 kill switch

Hello, I have a beat up '91 S-10 (4 cyl, pretty bare) that I picked up real cheap bit ago. I use it mainly for hauling stuff around the house. The ignition has broken and you cannot turn off the engine with the key, it is stuck in the on position. I have helped my dad do the "real fix" on an S-10 and Astro and both times it was a royal PITA. I would rather just put an ingition kill switch in it.

Now for the problem, I cannot figure out what wire to put the switch on. I have unplugged every wire coming down the steering collumn and none of those turn off the power when disconnected. Does anyone know of a simple way of putting a kill switch on this. Thank you very much in advance.

Aaron

Reply to
BoboTWG

You need to kill two circuits, the ignition and the accessories. There will be all kinds of extra stuff being switched, just fix the switch. If you do it right, you won't be sorry:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Thanks for the reply Big Al. Looks like I will probably have to go that route. I have been screwing around withi this all day. I was hoping since there was not much in the way of accessories that it would be easy. Thanks again.

Aaron

Reply to
BoboTWG

Punch the COLUM like the Thieves do..

or remove the ACTUAL IGNITION switch Near the BRAKE pedal and operate the Switch with the Rod that is attached to it

Wire up a Double pole Single throw Switch that turns off The RED WIRE to the alternator and Also The HOT wire From the Battery !

I take it that u already Have the Starter Bypassed

Reply to
no one