Drum brakes on a 2001 s10 pickup

I am trying to replace the drum brakes on the rear, but there is no plug to remove. Instead there are 2 slots that seem solid. I am just trying to remove the drum so I can replace the brakes. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Reply to
csibbs

Pete

Usually the only problems I have, is that the drum is rusted on, in the center. Couple whacks with a heavy hammer usuall breaks the rust loose.

Are you trying to get at the adjuster star? Not really needed, unless the drums are badly ridged around the edge.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon