engine reguild

I'm building a 3.1L and I was looking at the intake ports on the heads. In every port there is a large hump restricting flow. I know it is there for a reason, but for what reason I don't know. Should I grind them down or leave them? The engine is going back stock.

Reply to
David Polk

Leave them alone, they are there to help direct the incoming air charge so if you remove them power and economy will suffer.

Reply to
fredzo

you said it " I know it is there for a reason" :)

Reply to
Scott M