Flashing engine light.

93 s10 Blazer When I try to start it the check engine light starts flashing continually. No pauses.Wont start, acts like the batterys dead.Turn the key to Acc and the lights brighten up.But still wont start-just starts flashin that darn light. Anybody seen this on a Chevy????
Reply to
Bob

Have you checked the ECM's 'databus' plug for any shorts? I'd check for shorting to and from the ECM anyways. Make sure it has good power supply and ground lines as well...

~TLGM

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey

======================== Did you check the battery and cables? You said it acts like the battery is dead. Do you mean it wont even crank?

Reply to
Scott M

Yeah I checked the battery has a full charge.Cables look ok.No wont crank at all.

Reply to
Bob

How OK do they look. Pick them apart and clean them, battery cables, all grounds, grounding strap, any connectors on the starter....etc. Allot of times the rubber will hide some nasty white stuff underneath.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Picked thru the battery wires. They seemed fine.Gave up an took it to the neighborhood mechanic.He found a short in the injector-replaced it {$402}.Runs great.Thanks for the help!

Reply to
Bob