Freeze 12 in Chevy Blazer

I'm still kind of amazed everytime I get something from ... my favorite wholesale supplier, where the invoice lists the "list" price, and then "my" price. My price is usually around 50% (or less) of list price...

The only problem is most wholesale places require you to have some sort of account. Not a problem if you work at a shop, but DIYers may have a little trouble getting that.

.. On the topic of Freeze 12.. Don't use it. If you ever have to have the unit serviced, it'll have to be evacuated to a "contaminated refrigerant" unit instead of a regular R-12 or R-134 machine. And you'll be charged accordingly.

__________________ Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'. N38.6 W121.4

Reply to
Barry S.

Depends on the system. Some systems don't lose any oil during a normal evacuation.

Tell that to the guy who follows your advice and winds up with a compressor locked solid because it got slugged with oil.

How many systems have you REALLY opened up? One or two? Here's a very common scenario that I've seen myself: system has a slow leak at a low point in the system, so that it loses both oil and refrigerant. Over a period of years, the owner takes it in and the leak can't be found, so the system is topped off. Eventually, all the oil is gone but its still got enough refrigerant to work, until the compressor finally locks up, and the owner now decides to do a retrofit. If he follows your "formula" he'll wind up with 3 ounces of oil where he should have much more. Some systems hold 9-10 ounces.

I don't like a mailbox full of spam. I've been posting on rec.autos.tech, under the same name and E-mail address for over 10 years.I've always tried to give realistic advice, even if I do enjoy a little bit of import-bashing now and then. If that's not good enough, so be it. No skin off my nose.

Reply to
Steve

Ueah bash them damm imports GHEVY allthe way, although Doge trks aint to bad!!

Reply to
LARRY929

Agreed!

That would require a third reclaimer, unless you're using a two refrigerant reclaimer, in which case. You'll need a second.

I can't stress enough the need for a good refrigerant identifier now days, with all the rouge shit on the market. One bad car, and you have a tank of a thousand or more hazardous waste, whether there's 2 lbs or 30 lbs in it.

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King