fuel mileage

'06 Chevy 1500lt3 crew, 2wd, 5.3l Tcode. 118,000?

I've dropped from about 18 mpg to 15 over the course of the last few months. Filters and injectors are in good shape. I've tried everything from copper to dplat plugs and made sure the air filter is clean. 90% of the miles on the truck are highway. Runs great and never uses a drop of the mobile

5-30syn, but the mileage drop concerns me. Any ideas where to start looking for improvement?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Bryan

Yep, it's called reformulated winter gas.

Reply to
Steve W.

O2 sensors

Reply to
Troy

Exactly right. Regards, JR

Reply to
JR

I had a similar drop, both my vehicles went from 18 MPG to about 15.5 mpg. The culprit is gasohol. Much less energy in alcohol, compared to gasoline.

I ran some numbers, and the more pricey gasoline is far better economy, money wise, than the slightly cheaper gasohol.

Sadly, the one station which had (past tense) gasoline, has been forced to gasohol, and that appears to be mandated in NYS. Since the mileage drops, the actual consumption of petroleum products goes up, yes, UP when changing to gasohol.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thanks guys. I rarely run the gasohol. My fill up station is a convenient store that we lease and they use a Phillips 66 pure. It's another reason I've been stumped. Paying a dime more for nothing is getting old. I'll look into the o2 sensor thing and keep an eye on it.

Reply to
Bryan

Reformulated gas is NOT gasohol. It is a different seasonal blend of the fuel itself.

Reply to
Steve W.