Fuel problem on 4.3 TBI

I have a 93 GMC with 4.3 TBI engine. 2 nights ago, it died on my way home, acted like it was out of gas, but I still had a quarter tank. I put 5 gallon in it just to verify that it did have fuel, but it still wouldn't start. If I put a little fuel down the throttle body, it will fire for a few seconds, so I know it has spark.

I checked the fuses, they are OK.

I'm guessing that it's either the fuel pump died, or the ECM. I had the ECM go out 2 summers ago, so it's not very old.

There doesn't appear to be any code set. How do I check to see if it's the ECM or the pump?

How difficult is either of these items to replace?

Is there something else that I'm overlooking?

Reply to
M Rothwell

If the ECM was dead, pouring gas down the throttle body wouldn't result in it running. clogged fuel filter, bad fuel pump would be my guesses.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Reply to