Full sized blazer / 1991 buick skylark

Anyone ever put the power seats from from latter into the former? Or power seats from anything into a blazer?

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

I put power seats from an 82 Cadillac into a 73 Chey pickup. It worked, but not that well. I am 6'2" @ 250lbs and there was a shortage of room between the seat and steering wheel. A thin backed seat like those found in the later model Blazer's and Suburban's or some of the compact cars would be a better choice. I will replace the seats in my 73 sometime with thinner backed seats, but as I am restoring it, it is not a priority.

Reply to
Diamond Jim

What problems, if any, did you have mounting them?

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

I just had to make a spacer to raise them to the right height, and used a drill to drill some holes. I used stainless steel bolts, washers, and nuts. Big washers to keep everything from pulling through the sheet metal of the floor. I doubt that it would, but you know just in case.

Reply to
Diamond Jim