gas gage woes

5.3 Liter 2001 Silverado 80,000 miles.When I fill my tank the low fuel light comes on and the gas gage goes to empty. OK its probably the sensor in the tank correct? Now the service engine light is coming on with the code reader at auto zone reading P 1441 OnStar says it a Auxiliary emission problem but refused to give me the code # it pulled up and said I had to go to the dealer, Is GM got their hands in this or what? All this started when I filled up the tank full of gas Any help would be appreciated other than a suggestion to buy a Dodge
Reply to
Larry and a Cat named Dub

My 2000 Silverado has been doing the same thing (low fuel when full) for two years, once I use about a quarter of the tank it works fine. I've never had the check engine light come and I have close to 135K. Mine also has no power steering assist (this has only been the last seven months) when I turn the wheel left, I try to plan all my trips so I'll be making all right hand turns. A few more months driving like this and I'll be able to bench press my truck! I plan on fixing it someday when the dive season ends but my season runs from January 1st to December 31st. so it doesn't leave me much time.

Al Bottoms Up Divers

Reply to
ajtessier