Gear Selection problem - 97 Suburban (100K miles)

Today I was parked with the engine running and the transmission in Park. When I tried to drive off the transmission could not be shifted out of Park. I shut off the engine for about 20seconds, restarted it and was able to select Drive with no problems. I noted though that if I put the truck back into Park it would stick there. Shutting the engine down, waiting 20 seconds or so, restarting and everything was OK. This pattern continues!!!

Could this be something to do with a faulty switch on the brake pedal / tramsmission shift interlock. I looked at my Haynes manual but could find nothing on this problem or the brake /transmission interlock mechanism. Anyone Here have any clues!!

Thanks in advance, Doug

Reply to
Doug

Where is the brake pedal/ transmission shifter interlock switch?

Help!!

Doug

continues!!!

Reply to