GMC truck v6 to v8 swap

I am wondering if anyone has advice on an engine swap. I have two 1989 GMC 1/2 tons one has a V-6 standard, the other has a 350 auto (was orignally a standard) I want to put the 350 in place of the V6 but need to know if there are any major things I need to know before I attempt it. I am just an average guy but have done a bit of auto work. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Reply to
lakecowboy

I had a 350 dropped into a former 4.3 86 1/2 ton. They were both autos, so the tranny stayed, but the rad had to be switched (new mounts and cowl were required), otherwise it was a straight in/out.

Recently that motor died, and I got a donor truck (79) and had the motor switched out again. The problem now is that the vacuum system didn't match, so there are a lot of mystery hoses and non-functioning vacuum features.

-JD

Reply to
John D