V6 to V8 Swap Info Needed

I have a 1989 Suburban with a rebuilt 350 tbi motor a new rad starter and alt and good 700r4 trans. I would like to swap the 4.3 v6 in my

1988 1500 1/2 ton. The trans in the pu was rebuilt heavy duty a while ago and the dude said that it would handle a v8 if I ever decided to swap.

I see that the frames are different and the motor mounts are different. What needs to be done to get the mounts in the right spot. V6 have some brackets that are bolted to the frame and welded to those to set them back for the shorter motor

I was told that the front coil springs will fit from the burb (is this true??)

Rad shrouds are different as are the accessory brackets. Should I find a pickup with a tbi 350 for the donor parts?? The rad looks to be taller but fits in the lower mounts as far as width goes???

The ecm tag on the burbs puter is present but the tag from the pickups puter is missing. Is there a way to tell from the chips inside or other numbers somewhere if they are compatible??

I will be running headers and a custom exhaust

Any info would be a great help thanks

Reply to
Kelly Edwards

taller

pickups

You are swapping body styles (PU changed in 88, burb did not) so few parts will interchange here. The tranny is the same but I would swap torque converters because a V8 will stall differently on a V6 converter, tranny is the same otherwise. Not the easiest swap but doable and I would look in a bone yard for a donor truck.

Reply to
SnoMan