Help - 2001 Blazer knocks while accelerating or going uphill

I have a 2001 S-10 Blazer with about 60k miles. It recently started knocking while going uphill or while accelerating. It almost sounds to me like a diesel engine. Otherwise it runs fine. Its seems to do it a little worse just after the first start of the day. It may be coming from under the hood but it almost sounds like its some exhaust thing. I tried using a tank of 93 octane gas instead of 87 and that didn?t seem to help (only maybe a tiny bit).

Anyway, I?d prefer not to spend a bunch of money if its something I can do. Does anyone have any suggestions where I can start looking.

Thanks. PS

Reply to
Paul_S

It could be a exhaust leak in the manifold. Check there.

Reply to
D.L. Man

Did you happen to notice what the oil pressure was when it started knocking?

Reply to
Adam Frazier

Check EGR valve function and knock sensor too.

Reply to
SnoMan