Horn on 98 S 10

I have a two wheel drive Chevy S 10, 1998. Recently, while parke outside in a driveway, not running at all, the horn started to blow on it's own. It was a constant blowing, not intermittent. We took the fuse out for the horn. I have to have the horn in working order for inspection, any ideas what it may be? I called the local Auto Zone and they said it could very well be a wiring problem.

Thanks for any help

Reply to
mountainbikescottie

Frequently it's the switch inside the center of the steering wheel. On the older (i.e. - non-airbag) models it was nothing more than taking the center plastic out and bending back the contacts on the switch to the proper place. I had one friend, however, who had the same problem you described. It turned out that the shop he took his truck to for an unrelated repair stole his airbag from his steering wheel to sell, then filled the void with rags to make it look like the airbag was still there. If his horn switch hadn't gone in the steering wheel, he may never have found out his airbag was missing!

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race