Is my diagnosis headed in the right direction?

I've got a 2002 Ford Taurus with about 47k miles on it.

I started the car up after work, got about 10 feet and it started running really rough, then stalled and wouldn't start back up.

This morning I put about 3 gallons of gas into the tank (it was nearly empty to begin with). The pump at the gas station was running really slow like .01 gallons / second (that's why I only put 3 gallons in it). The guy next to me at the gas station couldn't start his truck either... Is it possible that bad gas won't even allow the engine to run?

I want to put about 5 gallons of premium into the tank, but how do I flush out the bad gas in the line to let the good gas get to the engine to see if that's the problem? Does this sound like a bad gas problem? Is there anything else I should be checking? I'd like to avoid having it towed to the repair shop.

Oh, BTW, I drove the car about 500 miles on Sunday returning from my parents house in TN, and the car ran fine from the gas station to work this morning after filling up about 2 miles.

Reply to
Big Dope

Answer is highlighted.

Reply to
Sigwings

Sorry, I don't see anything highlighted. Perhaps I have a different viewer than you... Or are you saying that its bad gas?

Reply to
Big Dope

Reply to
Mike Levy