just bought 2000 chevy Z06 Truck-I have questions

I just bought a 2000 c1500,reg cab,short box.It has z06 emblems on the front fenders,a special emblem on the tailgate and the dash gages are different.What option was this?Any performance upgrades?I have never seen on of these before.Thanks for your help

Reply to
robertlieder

sounds like some one took the corvette emblem's and some other features off a vette and put them on your truck

Reply to
tudysmuck

oh i took my vette emblems off and put them on my dully looks cool dude

Reply to
tudysmuck

Greetings,

To the best of my knowlege there was no "Z06" package for this truck. In fact, I have never known Chevy to put any graphics on the front fenders or quarter panels, but almost exclusively on the sides behind the rear wheels (like the Z77 and 4x4 logos). However, it's pretty easy to add an emblem and replace the gauge face with one with custom graphics (white, blue, flames, etc.). They sell them on eBay all the time.

If you want to find out what options your truck has just open the glove box. Inside there should be a label with a large group of 3-digit RPO codes that identify everything from engine size, transmission, rear axle ratio, etc. ad nauseum. You can search on line for the RPO codes or post them here and someone will let you know what the important ones mean.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan