Knocking Sound while Steering

I have 2004 Chevy Tahoe with about 3,000 miles. There's a knocking sound at low speeds when I turn left or right. I know of one other person that has
the same problem. Just curious if this is common and if anyone knows what's going on. I'm taking it to the local Dealer on Tuesday.

Girlfriend's mother has a 2003 or 2004 (I think it's an '04) Suburban that does this as well. However I would describe it more as a clicking, like some kind of speed-sensitive relay to control how much to actually move the wheels. Help prevent roll-overs etc. from over-steer at high speed. The 'family' over here would like to know as well.
~TLGM/KJ

sound at

has
what's
There is a TSB out on this issue. Something about greasing the steering shaft bearing/bushing.
Doc
I didn't know it STILL applied..... I'll tell em about it.
~KJ/TLGM

The TSB #
Clunking Noise Under Hood and Can Be Felt In The Steering Wheel (Lubricate Intermediate Steering Shaft Assembly) #00-02-35-003D - (03/29/2004)
Clunking Noise Under Hood and can be felt in the Steering Wheel (Lubricate Intermediate Steering Shaft Assembly) 2002-2004 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT
2003-2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV
1999-2004 Chevrolet Silverado
2000-2004 Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe
2002-2004 Chevrolet Avalanche
1999-2004 GMC Sierra
2000-2004 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL
2003-2004 HUMMER H2
With Recirculating Ball-Type Steering
This bulletin is being revised to emphasize the importance of the use of J 42640 Steering Column Anti-Rotation Pin when servicing the steering column. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 00-02-35-003C (Section 02 -- Steering).
Condition Some customers may comment on a clunk-type noise coming from under the hood that also can be felt in the steering wheel. These conditions may be more noticeable when turning at low speeds on rough road surfaces.
Correction
Lubricate the intermediate shaft using P/N 26098419
HTH,
Doc
I'll tell 'em.
~KJ/TLGM

column.
hood
What about Rack & Pinion steering? My '03 Silverado has the sound and has R & P steering. Does the same cure aply? What is involved in lubricating the intermediate shaft?
V.B.

column.
hood
Sorry, this is a repost of a question
Will this apple to "03 Silverade with Rack & Pinion stearing as well?
V.B.

column.
hood

(Lubricate