knocking sound

99 civic SE --have owned it since 99 Zero problems --only 89,000 km's

noticing a slight shaking of steering wheel at certain speeds only intermittent past few weeks -checked tire pressure and its fine -lugs are all tight etc..

this morning , I hear a knocking sound coming from passenger side front wheel

--eventually goes away after some stop and start driving and then begins to only happen when braking

I'm due for an oil change so I'll be bringing it in to the dealer sometimes this week

just thought I'd pick your brains on some ideas it may be -I suspect I need new brake pads because they havent been changed during the cars 10 year life

Reply to
butch33 via CarKB.com

whatever it is, it sounds potentially very dangerous. do not drive until exact cause is determined.

Reply to
jim beam