Lifting a Coloarado

Ok, I admit it. I should have bought the Z71 version. I have the one i have now though, so now I need to lift the truck. The rear should be no problem. I want to add a couple leaf springs for capacity so I can just have them re arced at the same to give me how ever much lift I want. The problem is that I think it would stupid with its rear end sticking up in the air like a stink bug. I'm not sure how to lift the front without screwing up all the steering geometry.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

a new spring in the back of my 93 silverado raised it up just shy of

2"
Reply to
Michael McNeil

Bob, Check around and I'm sure you can find a lift kit for it. I know FabTech makes lifts for the full size 2wd trucks, but I don't know about the Colorado/Canyon.

Kyle

Reply to
KB

The front geometry isn't the only thing to worry about. There is pinion angle and working angles for the U-joints to worry about in the rear. It can create shudder under acceleration if its off as well as bearing problems in extreme cases. Fabtech {like mentioned before} makes some of the best kits I've seen that keeps the front and rear geometry as close to factory as possible. Not sure if there is a kit for the colorado yet.

Reply to
Jay

Probably not something to worry about at 2" inches or whatever.

Or, this could be caused by axle wrap, changing the angle of the two yokes..... anti-wrap bars would fix this problem.... extremely common w/ super flexy suspensions, which have no problem with vibes going down the highway.

Fix the vibe....

Bob, Get ye yer add-a-leafs, install and arch for 2" of lift. Install 2" drop shackle and leave level.

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

Thanks, actually I wan tthe truck to sit higher. I hit going over curbs and bigger speed bumps all the time. Its also really akward for towing. Even with a 6" drop receiver hitch turned upside down its a little on the low side for proper trailering level. I figure if I could rais the rear about

3" and the front about 2 it wouldn't be too radical, and would give me better clearnace and towing.

Bob La Londe

Bob La Londe

I figured I'ld wander by American Spring and see what they had to say on the subject.

Bob La Londe

Bob La Londe

WHat about airbag supplements? pump them up when you have a heavy load, let it out when you dont, it will always be level, and will always have a nice ride.

Just a thought.

Reply to
Trey