Lift question

Can someone direct me in the right direction here. I want to put a lift on my YJ. At least 2 inches. What are my options. What would be the most effective, yet the most economical. I don't want to go crazy, just want a little more clearance. I have 30" tires and think I'm going to stay in that range. I don't need the best, just something that works and won't ley me down.

Thanks,

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

Go to

and search around. there is an absolute ton of info on this there. (btw, don't create a new post there, just use the search function. Someone new asks this question everyday and the answers are pretty much the same every time.) Also, look here:
is the route I'll be going on my XJ soon (with a bunch of fender trimming :) for extra tire clearance) Avoid blocks like the plague, there are plenty of good ways to get lift without ruining your springs in the process.

jerryg wrote:

Reply to
The Merg

here:

This is the route I'll be going on my XJ soon (with a bunch of fender> trimming :) for extra tire clearance)>

Hey thanks alot!

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

LOTS of back posts on the subject:

4 choices: body lift 1" is fine (purists don't like them), 2" is ok, has some issues with radiator mounts and shift lever, 3" will cave in the body mounts if you go off road. Shackle lifts are cheap, anything over the minimum 1-1/4" lift will stress the mounts and screw up the caster (won't steer right). New springs are spendy when you add the shocks, most sets are really harsh riding. Spring over has about 6" as the minimum lift, can be an issue if not done right.

jerryg wrote:

Reply to
RoyJ

I will look back.

Thanks,

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

Rubicon 2.5" spring lift is your best bet. Total replacement of all springs, good ride, decent off road. Probably won't need a slip-yoke kit.

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

If you like your ride, have your springs re-arced, or add a leaf if you want to jump off higher cliffs. Just stay away from the temporary lift, and de arc, longer shackles, as in:

God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

My son used a Rubicon Express and love the ride and lift.

Reply to
engineer