Loud Clicking noise behind the glove box`

Recently My 94 Chevy Surburban started making a clicking noise that sounds as if it is coming from behind the glove box. This noise only happens for about 30 seconds after I start the vehicle then it goes away and also for about 30 seconds after I turn it off, then it goes away. You can also hear the noise outside the vehicle near the firewall. Anyone heard of anything like this?

Reply to
lynch1978

It's the recirculation door actuator for the a/c. The other door actuators have a position feedback and that prevents them from going full travel against the stop. The recirc door actuator is driven full travel with a ten second time delay. No position feedback to the controller. It's a worm gear actuator and if the stop is gone off the end of the worm it'll drive full travel before the 10 second time delay, and then since it's spring loaded, will pop back against the threads as the worm rotates. You'll have to change the actuator. Hope this helps.

Garrett Fulton

Reply to
Garrett Fulton