92 Maxima clicking noise

I have bought this car used with 150,000 miles on it. Everything seemed to be fine with the car until one day I started to hear a loud click noise upon and after releasing the brakes. This noise is coming from somewhere under the car and I have brought the car to a few mechanics who can't seem to find whats wrong. There is also a rattling noise when I drive on rough roads. When I am driving there is no noise or clicking at all, its just when i brake and release the pedal then I hear the noise. If someone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Reply to
sly1980

I have had the clicking sound, very light, only heard near vertical walls that echo the sound and the windows open. I also have a scraping sound at low speeds. From what I have been able to determine, this noise happens on my car as caused by the protective brake shield rubbing on the rotors.

I tried bending the shield away from the rotors slightly and the noise went away for a while.

Also, a loud clicking noise when turning corners can be a problem with the drive train apparently.

rtt

That is all I know.

Reply to
Richard Tomkins

Thanx for the advice, but I was told that my control bushing was the problem, I don't know if this might be the actual problem. Right now its the only thing i have to go on.

Reply to
sly1980

if your not sure specifically that its the control bushing, you might investigate the cv joints located behind your brake drums, if the car clicks when you turn the wheel one of your cv joints in the front is worn, and is leaking brake fluid, cause your front brakes to squeak, if you only hear the clicking when you go over bumps, or when you brake and it makes your brakes scream, then its the back cv joints, on a third generation maxima im almost positive that you have cv pumps for every joint on the back tires, 1 joints per rotar, 1 rotar per wheel, its not a difficult situation to over come, as long as you own the rebuild book for your maxima, and know how to take off your brake drum, take off your tire, and your brake pad, and your brake drum and clip, and you will see a metal rod with what looks like a rubber plunger on it, pull on it a little and look between the creases and if it has cracks in it, or looks like it might have a hole replace it immediatly or it could cost you your axel, tire, rotar, brake pads, brake dumb, make sure you grease the bearings, anytime you do anything beyond the brake drum, or you turn the risk, of blowing your rotar, brake drum, and tire off on the expressway, which will leave you with a horribly disfigured axel

Reply to
damien