Ticking/Clicking Noises on 06 Outback 2.5i AT Wagon

Hello everyone,

I have a question for fellow Subaru owners out there.

My car (06 Subaru Outback 2.5i Wagon AT Non-Turbo) is less than 1 mo old and the car makes an intermittent ticking/clicking noise from the front-end. I can hear it at times during idling...but it becomes evident after putting the car into gear and moving without acceleration. I think it goes away after the car is fully warmed up...but I hear it every time I pull out of the garage and parking lot.

It doesn't seem to affect the car, but the sound is annoying.

Is this a problem that I should take the car in for? Thanks.

Reply to
John C

You say intermittent? My Forester 2000 has a rhythmic clicking that varies with rpm. Most noticeable when first started but always there. The tapping I'm talking about is the valves and it is normal.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

"John C" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news1.newsguy.com:

The belt tensioner on my '03 Impreza made a sound like a diesel engine until it was warmed up. Replaced under warranty. I have the 2.5 non-turbo engine.

Reply to
Fuzzy Logic