New model Silverado

Does anyone out there own the All New Silverado. If so, I would love to hear your opinion of the vehicle. Likes, dislikes, or any comments whatsoever.

Reply to
Poolpicks Poolpicks

Bought a 2007 LTZ 4x4 Crew Cab. Like it a lot. Traded in my 2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71. Only thing I wish they had kept the ability to access the onstar from the steering wheel like the Tahoe had. You have to push the button in the mirrow to access it now. You could access it both ways in the Tahoe. Don't like taking hand off the steering wheel to access onstar.

Other than that, it is a great truck. The interior is a lot different than the classic.

Mark

Reply to
LionsDen

Hi, I have a 2007 Sivarado with auto-OD trans, 2-WD, V-6. standard cab, 8' box. The rear end is sprung much too light and had to have a leaf added to get the lights back on the road. This mod. also improved the handling on gravel and/or washboard roads.

To be fair, Chevy, Ford and Dodge all are sprung ridiculously light so I really can't single out the Chevy to kick at.

Moved the spare into the pickup bed. Don't like the under bed storage.

The windshield wipers -- Because the windshield has so much curve on the passenger side (where the wiper rests). You can't get a windshield wiper to clean fully 1/2 of the passenger view.

The windshield washer setup. Tons of juice is wasted on the driver's side and only a dribble comes out of the passenger side and that is only at the bottom 1/2 of the passenger wiper. Am not a fan of the washer hose delivery anyway as it uses way too much juice to get the job done. Also, in really cold (-20ºC or colder) those little hoses plug with slush and I have to cut the washer juice 50/50 with alcohol to get it to stop freezing in the hoses.

The headlamps are really unmanageable in dense fog (like this morning

- 35 miles @ 20 miles per hour). They are really bright and too much light reflects back into the driver's eyes to be able to see the road (and all the long legged ditch rats). Would like to be able to shut the headlamps off without all the extras of shutting off the motor, putting it in park and then setting the parking brake. There is no way a moose will get off the road when you have it lit up so nicely and the bush is so dark and doing all that really neat stuff on a highway is not an option.

It turns on a dime and parks rather nicely.

Starts well in the cold and the heater can melt your boots.

The windows are perpetually frozen shut all winter.

My wallet has more room in it than the glove compartment.

The top of the door is into the curve of the roof and you have to clean the snow off first (which is a real treat when you keep the scraper/brush behind the seat) or you will have lots of snow inside and on the seat.

The tailgate handle is far worse than any I have ever known and is a real pain in the butt at all times and in any weather.

- Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl

Good post.

My thoughts are that GM is becoming more stupid every day....consistent with human beings in general and abominable snoman.

I have two old chevy trucks and will keep them going until they make something better. I have no clue why I would drop so much money for just a new set of problems.

skimmer

Reply to
News Skimmer

You may not want to try this on a new truck but... I've had more than one truck with issues with the passenger side washer fluid that came down to just a pinched hose under the cowl. There are usually grooves that the hoses are supposed to run through and on my current truck the hose was pinched when I got it. Pulled the cowl tucked the hose into the groove, and now my passenger side squirts just like the driver side. I wouldn't count out them pinching that at the factory.

Reply to
89GMC