1999 Silverado - New or Old Body Style

When talking about the old and new body style of the 1999 Silverado, what is the difference?

Reply to
NoSpam

'new body style' is the one they used in 2000, 'old body style' is the one they used in '98. In 99, they used both.

Reply to
JC

I may be wrong, but I believe all '99 Silverado's were new body style. The old body style trucks weren't Silverado's in '99. H

Reply to
Hairy

You're right, but some people still just refer to both body styles as "chevy half ton pickup" or some such drabble....and it's then that the clarification as to "new" or "old" is needed......"new" is "Silverado", and "old" is "C/K".....

Reply to
JC

So up until 1999 Silverado meant a towing package and cloth seats?

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Reply to
George

No.

the silverado was the highest level trim package offered in a C/K truck. GMC's equivilent I *think* is the XLE.

the trim levels offered (in order, bottom to top) were W/T, Cheyenne, Scottsdale (all the 88-98's chev's I have ever driven have been these, including the one I own) and Silverado.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

GMC equivalent is SIERRA.

"Silverado",

Reply to
Hairy

ERRRR WRONGO...

the equivilent trim level was XLE... all GMC C/K's (88-98) were sierra's.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

EEERRR.... We were both wrong. Should be *SLE* H

Reply to
Hairy

often times the old body style would be referred to as the '1500 classic', and if i remember right, it's actually worded that way on the logos. the easiest way to tell, is by looking at your front doorpanels...

old body style has a small grille for a tweeter just forward of the power locks, window, and mirror switches, and a separate round grille for the midrange in the front lower corner of the door (not applicable in the 'heater and keys' models, but they will still have a mostly round midrange grill in the bottom corner)

new body style has one large oddly shaped grill in the lower front corner of the door covering all speakers

Reply to
overkil_customs

I would think the easiest way to tell if you have a Silverado would be to read the emblem saying "SILVERADO" If there isn't one, your truck more than likely isn't one...

Reply to
Ed

actually that can just make it worse... towards the end of the C/K, trucks with the Silverado trim package said silverado under the name Chevrolet on the tailgate.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase