One problem found, causing new question

I found out what is rattling on my 02 duramax...On the exhaust, just behind the resonator there is a bracket with some of those rubber hangers. That bracket bolts on in 2 places, one of them being to the back side of the tranny. The bolt that goes to the tranny isn't there, but looks like it should be. There's a wire harness right there also, so I'm wondering if that bolt is supposed to be gone or should it be there?

Reply to
SpaseKase

I had a '75 chevy Nova that had a bracket from the rear of the tranny to hang the exhaust pipe. It developed a rattle that SEEMED to come from the driver's side rear of the car. It was a front U-Joint and the rattle went right down the pipe and out the end putting my attention far away from the problem.

-- Best Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl