Piston Slap???

To sum it up my 71 Dotson required new king pins I drove it till it was worn out and two people owned it after me 130,000?

84 Ford dumped it at 13,000 miles because of the numerous problems ,unreliability and using 3 quarts of oil in 250 miles My 85 nisson 185,000 had two repairs head gasket my fault and failure of the distributor rotor (Aftermarket part Failure) Best truck I ever owned My 97 dodge had tranny troubles 3 radios every switch replaced including the glove box 2 rear-end alternator Evaporator coil Very unreliable Worst vehicle I have ever owned and the factory would not honor its own warranty My 01 Silverado both electric door openers $250 a pop 3 mirrors 2 heated seats tranny switch Gas gauge is currently malfunctioning Check engine light on Emergency brake replacement because of sloppy install at factory The heat pipe in the center consul for the back seat was disconnected again sloppy factory work Wheel caliper hanging up ABS brakes malfunction My wife's Lexus has not giving us the first bit of trouble Draw your own conclusion
Reply to
Larry and a Cat named Dub

Your Chevy was American made? My 03 Burb was made in Mexico.

Reply to
stannc

My '02 Sierra (6.0) started making a knocking/ticking sound at the back of the engine on the drivers side, at about 30K, i thought it might be a lifter, but now think it sounds more like it could be p-slap. I have always bought GMC pick-ups starting in '85 and buying a new one every five years, or the second year after major re-designs. The '02 is a good truck, a real improvement in ride and interior over my previous '96, but i have noticed a steady 'cheapening' of the materials used in its construction. Things like window seals and lighting for the instrumentation, are of inferior quality, or just deleted. Glove-box light? Deleted. Transfer case light? Deleted. Kind of makes me wonder about the things i cant see. In the past i have had the opportunity to drive pick-ups from all the NA manufacturers, and found the GMC/Chevys to be the best quality, but no longer am confident to say this, when compared to certain foriegn maufacturers.

For me, my truck is a tool. I use it to get things done. While i have always accepted that when buying tools you get what you pay for, i am not prepared to spend a premium for a 'good tool', and get something shoddy in return.

My complaints are not irrational, nor is my loyalty to GM.

Orphaned Pick-up Buyer, George Calgary

Reply to
sst

It's truly unfortunate. I was seriously looking at the new GMC Arcadia to replace another vehicle that I will be getting rid of but again, the concern of piston slap comes to mind.

Reply to
NJ Vike

"NJ Vike" wrote in news:SXxph.9795$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

im not a GM basher ....BUT, there are a multitude of problems GM has ignored, i guess, that plague different models for several years without resolution,,,,,,i really dont know what they are thinking.

Reply to
KjunRaven