Piston Slap???

Go to http:/www.pistonslap.com/ I will not buy another American made vehicle. My previous two were foreign and were dependable I can only say to GM Shame on you the first time shame on me the second time
I have had way to many component failures on my 01 Silverado These were previous years failures that they didn't fix because they make to much money on replacement parts My gas gauge is now failing as well as my 3rd heated mirror. and the service engine light is on because of the emission system. (Came on just after the warranty expired)

Has anyone proved a relationship between "piston slap" and reliablitity?

ive seen no mechanical reliability problem with the afflicted engines. the relaiability of resale value of the trucks took a several thousand dollar hit tho......but, its only money.
I just heard from a friend of mine that works as a service manager in a Toyota dealership and apparently they, Toyota, has this issue with one of their trucks. I can't remember the name of it but will post it once I talk to him again.
--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.
Larry and a Cat named Dub wrote:

Your Chevy was American made? My 03 Burb was made in Mexico.