Question about turn signal flasher

Could the Turn signal/Haz. relay still make the blinking sound and still be bad or have a problem? Thanks,

Ree ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants from life is often merely the will to try it and the faith to believe that it is possible." -- Richard M. DeVos

Reply to
Ree

More info needed. Modern vehicles don't have a clacking relais anymore, rather an additional device that emulates the noise of the old blinking relais

Reply to
René

Sorry, My truck info: 98 Chevy S-10 2WD 4CL

Ree

Reply to
Ree

Yes, turn signal could be bad. The relay makes the noise.

Reply to
Tj

Blown bulb?

Reply to
Tj

This is what's so hard to figure out what this is? All lights work except the (turn sig. and brake) I hit the brake it won't get bright, I turn on the left sig. it won't get bright. I'm stumped on this one?

Reply to
Ree

A few weeks ago my wife's truck, (96 GMC Sierra) had a turn signal/brake light problem. Here is what I found. When the brake was applied, the brake lights on the rear end did not illuminate although the cab brake light continued functioning. When either turn signal was selected, the dash light indicator would flash twice as fast as normal.

I checked the fuses and the bulbs, all were good. I noticed that when I checked the rear bulbs, they were more or less imbedded in a white greasy substance that was beginning to harden and had hardened in a few places.

I did a Google search on this site and found the answer that I was looking for, remove the grease, all of it then use new, dielectric grease in the sockets and on all electrical connections. I also located the ground nearby, under the bed redid that also, even bent the metal tabs out on the lens assembly that contacts the body of the truck.

If you are loaded with cash, GM parts has a solution, you can purchase 2 new taillight circuit board assemblies for around $50. each. I used a dental pick to remove the grease then sprayed with a good solvent and followed up with some compressed air. I was good to go, everything started working again and I spent the remainder of the day praising Google and the internet.

Rod

Reply to
Rod WIlliams