Turn Signal Flasher Volume

My turn signals work fine, however the flasher relay is barely, if at all , audible above the engine noise. The indicator lite is hardly visible in sunlight. I would like to be able to tell that the signals are blinking. Are there different flashers available that claim to be louder, or is there something that could be wired in-line to make some sound...nothin' too gaudy tho', to indicate the flashers are on? Thanks for any thoughts..... Jeff

Reply to
JeffRens

Sun glare always worried me about not being able to see the GEN/OIL lights. Many, many engines have been lost in the summer because the owner never saw the idiot light come on!

What the heeck does that have to do with turn signals? Well, I wired an audible signal (piezo "Sonalert") to those

2 idiot lights. Details on my web site. Adding a couple of isolating diodes would permit using the same sounder for Turn signals as well. But it might be better to use a separate, quieter, sounder for Turn signals. Anyway, the sounder can be wired right across the lamp for the Turn signal indicator.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

I look at my temp and oil pressure gauges just as much as my speedometer. As a matter of fact, i don't even think the warning lights for the gauges work... ~Peace~justin

Nxqzablesk8er