Re: 2003 Chevy Silverado SS AWD noise question

Well, I don't have access to the option codes for these trucks like you guys do. Although I can rattle them off for the 560 series trucks...but that's another story. As to this AWD SS 1500, I assume it is always in AWD "mode". Electronically controlled, as there is no button control module to select

2WD, 4WD, or AWD. Matter of fact, on this SS truck, there is a small storage spot on the dash where they remove that 2/4WD push button module that is on all the other 1500 4x4 trucks. SOOO...I don't know what mode the trans is in per say when this noise happens, since I have no control (i.e. no pushbuttons or levers to use) of the system.

> "Bobo"wrote > > > I must have missed the section where he said he had NP3 for an option > > code..... I have yet to actually see one of these... > > at my dealer all we ever see is the regular NP8 pushbutton with auto > > selectable... you know, the famous 2725... mode switch malfunction...... > > I don't think he actually specified the option code, > but I don't know what other t/case he would have > if it's the "AWD" version. I haven't seen one yet > either, just the Cadillac version which doesn't use > the coupling. > > Yeah, if I get a work order with the service 4x4 light > complaint, I often just walk out to the vehicle with the > switch and scan tool. Seeing as they only want to pay > .2 hrs for the op. > > Ian > >
Reply to
Allan Speicher

"Allan Speicher" wrote

These transfer cases are not electronically controlled. They either use a viscous coupling to control the flow of torque between the front and rear wheels, or if the vehicle has a "stabilitrak" system, (usually the Cadillac's) then the transfer case is a completely open design and the flow of torque is controlled by the ABS and Stabilitrak system, controlling wheel spin individually at each corner as required.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai