Re: DRL not working

Check the gages fuse, the relay is located on the bottom center of the

> covenience center(where the fuses used to be in older trucks, ie 1984, on > the firewall to the left side of the brake pedal. The gages fuse supplies > the power to the coil of the relay and the DRL module applies ground when > the DRL's are used. You should be able to find a grounding point below the > fuse panel behind the left hand side of the instrument panel, it's the one > that grounds the drl module > > 96 Silverado > > Just had our first real cold snap here in NC and now my DRL quit. I still > > get the dash indicator but the lights don't come on. The headlight switch > > still works fine. Where is the DRL relay? I could not find it in the > > owner's manual. Anything else to check? > > > > Thanx > > Mike > >
Reply to
Ed Atyeo

When I release the brake the dash DRL indicator comes on but the lights don't. It's not too big a deal for now. The headlights work fine with the switch. I need to find the wiring diagram sometime to trace the circuit. Mike

Reply to
Mike Copeland

Have you checked the fuse yet? It seems there's a lot of comment in this thread about the relay and whether the emergency brake is on. If the fuse is blown, the light in the dash will still work, but the DRL's won't.

Reply to
George

Will the headlights work if the fuse is blown? I have looked but did not see a fuse specifically for the DRL. I may have missed it though.

Reply to
Mike Copeland