Re: !! Help With changing belts on Astro Van.......

My Astro's V-6 engine has only one belt which runs through the A/C

> compressor which doesn't work. The belt needs replacement and was wondering > if I buy the one "w/o ac" will fit my car, or are these belts only for cars > that came without an a/c compressor from factory? Thanks. > >

Pretty sure the one's without A/C had an idler pulley in it's place; so the answer would be no, you can't just switch the belts. I could be wrong though. Get thee to Autozone and ask them to print you out the belt routing diagram for A/C and non-A/C equipped Astro's of your vintage. Might be able to pull em' up on

as well.

If the accessories are in the same locations and no idler on the non-A/C, then swap em!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"