Re: How to repair a cracked mirror?

Lets just say I did something stupid and leave it at that.

> > The results is the outside mirror on my BurB is cracked. It is the one on > the drivers side. It is a remote adjustable one at that, with the brake-away > (folding) hinge. I have $500 deductable so I don't think fileing a claim is > in my future. > > Right now super glue and scotch tape is holding it together. My question is > how to repair it. Can just the glass be replaced? If so how and by who? Is > it a do it yourself-er? Does it require a stealership or glass shop to do > it. Does the whole mirror and housing with adjusting cables have to be > replaced? > > I knew damn well I should have gone and switched to my '73 before going into > the woods, but noooooooo, I had to have A/C. > > > __________________ > > -- > Diamond Jim > "The Old Devil Dog" > > >
Reply to
Cam

Hi!

You can buy glue-in replacement mirrors at auto parts stores. I don't recall what they cost, but that's what I found when my dad's '94 had its driver's side mirror attempt to defy gravity.

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Thanks for the info.