Recall Silverados

If you want free work to your silverado, there was a recall on the emergency braking system. I think the years are 1997 - 2005. The emergency brake wears out and has to be replaced. Contact your dealership to get this fixed for free.

Reply to
Rick Ruston

Do you have any further details?

Reply to
V.B.

The part # is 88982875 (park brake shes).

He is what GM was told...Perform campaign as per factory requirements (MA) 05042, parking brake shoes may contact drums when brake not applied.

I received a letter from GM and thats how I knew.

Reply to
Rick Ruston

When did you receive the letter? I haven't received one.

V.B.

Reply to
V.B.

Reply to
Rick Ruston

This recall applies just to trucks with manual trannys, right?

Reply to
Lena

That would explain why I didn't get a notice....

V.B.

Reply to
V.B.

I've got an '03 with a manual trans and got no notice. According to the NHTSA, there were only ~90,000 recalls on this. There were several million on the tailgate strap thing.

Reply to
scrape

Yeah, I had that one for my '03.

Reply to
V.B.

I just got back from the emergency brake recall service on my 2000 Silverado with manual tranny, and I can say it was well worth the trip. The brake feels better than it did when the truck was new. I actually had a good dealer experience.

John

Reply to
Doctor John

It seems to only apply to a few manufactured by two different vendors. I'm still looking for complete details though.

Reply to
scrape

WOW, I haven't seen a newer Chevy with a Manual in ages. There are actually some out there? Did the Tailgate strap on my 03 also. Might as well as it was free.

Reply to
JBDragon

It took a little work to find it. I don't think Chevy or Ford offer it anymore on anything but diesels. This sucks. I'm pushing 50 and never owned anything but manual trannies. And I don't like/want/need a diesel. Oh well. I got 15 years/250,000 miles out of my F-150. If the Silverado lasts that long, maybe I'll die before it does.

Reply to
scrape

The Chevy Silverado & the GMC Sierra are essentially identical trucks except for trim & aesthetics, aren't they? I have an '05 Sierra with the 6sp manual. But, I got no recall letter as you are describing.

Dave

Reply to
Dave