Repair tips and Howto's

By far the finest site I have come across, thought I would share it with you gearheads.

ttys Gill

Reply to
Gill Elmgren

uuhmm Gill This is a Chevy truck NG.

Reply to
el Diablo

Do your chevy trucks not use the Dana differencial, there is a good howto on setting up the ring and pinion. There are also good tech notes with pictures for those wishing to replace a u-joint. Seems as I recal the procedure is the same na matter what make of vehicle you are repairing. A good mechanic knows how to interpret good infromation turning it into usefull knowledge to be stored in ones cranium for future use. Befor you choose to diss me , peruse the website and decide for your self it it has any useful info.

ttys Gill

Reply to
Gill Elmgren

Last I remember:

Dodge/Chrysler uses Danas and uses similar parts. No reason why information can't be shared?

Someone was here with a Subaru asking for information, and got an answer.

Refinish (The Pacifist) King

Reply to
Refinish King

Gill now one is dissing you, I just wanted to make sure you knew that it was a Chevy NG. Even motorcycles share procedures with Dodge trucks but I'm sure you didn't post this on a motorcycle NG.

Go beat the dog and kick the wife.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

WHAT!! I thought it was beat the wife and kick the dog! No wonder I had so much trouble with the bitch....

Chevy's and Dodges share lots of parts. AAM Axles, Dana axles, transfer cases, U-joints and more. I worked on a Dodge truck one day and a Cadillac the next, they had the same problem. Idle speed motor. They also had the same exact part. I repaired the Cadillac unit with the gear train out of the Dodge. When I was looking up the Dodge part, I found they sold a repair kit for it. It was to fix a common problem in the gear train. The Dodge unit had a different problem, the gear train was good. The Cadillac had the gear train problem. So...

Al

Reply to
Big Al