Reversible Muffler

Edelbrock claims the muffler I just installed is "reversible". Does that mean that it gives a different tone if I turn it around, or just that it can be installed in either direction?

Thanks, Kyle

Reply to
KB

Two-in-one silencer/loudener?

Reply to
René

It means that you can install it either way and it won't make any difference. I know the kind of muffler you are referring to. All it is is a big ceramic insert instide the middle of the muffler.

-Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell

Thanks, Tony. I was hoping I'd get a different sound out of it if I flipped it around. At 70MPH it drones pretty loudly in the cab.

Kyle

Reply to
KB

If you didn't route the ends of the pipes to out from under the box that will make it louder. If the muffler is under the cab and only a short turn down after that will make it unbearable. Hope this helps.

-- Best Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl