s10/15 and Canyon/Colorado

How does the Canyon/Colorado compare to the S10/15 in terms of ride, cargo-carrying capacity, etc. I've thought idly of springing for a C/C but would like to know more about them from some experience. I can't get to a dealer from where I live to take a test drive or size them up. Thanks for any replies.

Reply to
Jacob Larkin

Regarding towing. The Colorado and Canyon are rated for 4,000 Lbs. max, that's it. The S-10/S-15 (or S-10 and Sonoma) are rated for 5500 lbs max. These numbers depends on proper configuration of course.

Reply to
Mike Levy

The official stance is that they traded off towing capacity for ride, based on the fact that anyone towing a heavy load buys full size anyway.

I know I like the ride on my Canyon, 2WD reg cab SLE 4 cyl . Last truck I had was a 1978 Chev 1/2 ton heavy duty 305 c.i. (new, kept for 5 years). Canyon rides better if my aging memory is any guide.

Heaviest load on it so far was around 300 kilos / 660 lbs, around 1/3 of rated capacity. Did not notice it was there, either in terms of ride,height, or power.

My 2 cents.

Reply to
Commentator

Is it much bigger than S10?

Reply to
Tj

They say 4" wider, I think an inch or two shorter, with a heavier, stiffer frame.

My kids are 7 & 9. The three of us fit ok, even comfortable. 3 adults don't work.

It feels roomier than an S10.

Reply to
Commentator

Hi!

It all seems a lot roomier, but when I test drove one my head was firmly against the headliner. Everything else was good, but I think the effect is generated by a more withdrawn placement of things in the cab. It all seemed farther away to me than it really was...

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh