SBC 400 follow-up

I built 5 of them using the book "How to rebuild your small block Chevy" and never had any trouble with any of them. If you don't have it i sure would get it.

Reply to
Scott

I posted a request for help here a few weeks ago about the 400 sbc my son and I had rebuilt and installed in his '79 El Camino. Wouldn't run worth a damn. Missing, down on power, etc. I remember stating that I'd post the answer once we found it. He'd adjusted the hyd. lifters waaaaay too tight. Concaved the lifters badly and wiped out the cam lobes. So Dad just ate another $246 for cam, lifters, pushrods to replace the bent ones, etc. Yes, it was a dumb mistake and he feels very badly about it. I just told him that he'll find out that $246 will be a cheap price to pay for learning some of the other lessons he'll have in life. So it goes. Guanrantee he'll never misadjust them again. He's a good kid and really wants to get this thing on the road. Thanks to everyone that offered help.

Garrett Fulton

Reply to
gfulton

We did have that same book. Just screwed up the valve adjustment badly, anyhow.

Garrett

Reply to
Garrett Fulton