Serpentine belt on 2000 Silverado

I am trying to figure out how to change the serpentine belt on my 2000 Silverado with the 4.8 liter v8. I was looking for a tensioner that I could use a ratchet with to take the slack out of the belt and remove it. I see one right next to the alternator,but it doesnt seem to move. Anyone know the secret?

Reply to
Bill Sherrard

sounds like the GM engineers had there heads up there A$$ again.

Reply to
bubba in italy