Silly Car Washing Question

I just went outside a 1/2 hour after I dried my truck after washing it. I have water lines down the truck from from window and door crevices. I thought I did a very thorough job drying it this time. Any solutions to stop residual water from streaking your truck?

Thanks in advance, Tony

Reply to
Tony D

Drive it right after drying.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Use a water filter to remove minerals from the water that you use to wash your truck or use the spotless rinse at a Pay and Spray car wash.

Reply to
News Group

Find those spots and us your air compressor to blow out the residual water. That is if you have a compressor...

DJ

Reply to
DJ

I use a leaf blower to remove the water from window/door crevices, behind the headlights/tail lights, mirrors, etc, it works great. If you don't have a leaf blower, you can use a Shop Vac set up as a blower, remember to make sure the Shop Vac is clean.

Reply to
Willette

Bingo! I also use my gas leaf blower to blow dry the engine after washing it, blow away light dustings of snow/powder (less than 1/2 inch), start up a charcoal barbecue...

Reply to
Franko

-------------

Charcoal Barbecue...LOL! Flame On!

Leaf Blower Dryer... WAY better then ANYTHING to dry that truck down. Great on motorcycles too.

HDS

PS. Plus the look you get from the neighbors is priceless.

Reply to
HDS

Put some Jetdry (dishwasher wetting agent) in the rinse water and then drive around?

Reply to
Jmagerl

And when all else fails, touch it up with either Eagle 1 Wax as You Dry or Maguiar's Mist and Wipe to remove the spots.

Reply to
jwlbal