Spun Bearings 98 4.3 vin w

I am rebuilding a 1998 4.3 vin w engine with 77,000 miles. The two front rod-bearings went bye-bye. The rest of the engine looked clean with no sludge. There was signs of heat on the caps but nothing out of the ordinairy. This 4x4 blazer had regular oil changes and was full of metalic oil. I cant seem to figure out why this thing was starved for oil in the front of the engine? The bye-pass spring in the oil-pump was fine. Not only did the front two rods destroy the crank but, other rods were getting loose. The first signes of knock-knock were cruising down the highway. Anyone know if this is a common problem or what could cause oil-stavation?

Reply to
Somedood