Stalling Engine

Doc,

I have disconnected the pipe from the EGR valve and plugged it (just like it was when I bought the van!) and it now does not stall!!

With it connected, moving the diaphram when the engine is warm and ticking over causes the engine speed to decrease. I could also feel the diaphram move when I revved the engine so I think it is working to some degree. The opening on the pipe from the EGR valve has a very small hole which I suspect may be blocked. I also had my doubts about the state of the valve as it was felt a bit rough when I was moving the diaphram manually! I suspect it needs replacing.

You were spot-on with your diagnostic! The engine coughed and spluttered when I moved off very slowly. It's fine with it disconnected!!

Thanks for the info on the ECM

Cheers

Disco

Reply to
Disco-Vanner

Yeah, makes perfect sense. I've been lurking in the Dodge newsgroup lately just to read up on folks who own the new line of their vehicles (Magnum, Crossfire especially). I'm wondering if they drive as good and are as reliable as they look.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Disco,

Replace the EGR valve and EGR solenoid and your problems will dissappear. Be sure to use the correct washer on the new EGR valve mouth or you'll have similar issues with the new valve. Shouldn't cost more than $100 for both items.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I absolutely love Dodge's new lineup. Except that wagon... not too thrilled about the looks, but it looks pretty luxurious on the inside & I hear it drives well (buddy of mine is thinking about buying one--an older buddy of mine ;]). Dodge is puttin some serious power in their trucks these days... I'm starting to get impressed.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Sure. Truce.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

message

Reply to
<memset