Location of ECM on a 1990 G20 van

Dear All,
Does anyone know where I can find the ECM in my 1990 Chevy G20 van? The Haynes manual says it's under the instrument panel but I think I may be
going mad as I can't seem to find it!
I have found a number of 'electronic modules' - one attached to the emergency parking brake and one under the drivers' side fender in the engine compartment, but nothing which looks like an ECM.
Anyone know where I can find the ECM and what the ones I have found do?
Many thanks
Chris

engine
Try behind the glove box, or above it, or behind the kick panel passenger side
Whitelightning
It may be behind drivers seat in B- Pillar.
That's where I read it was!