Started from scratch with the Edelbrock, advice needed...

Power valve? I thought Edelbrocks didn't have them!?

I did the following Google search: "power valve" site:edelbrock.com

Which searches the entire Edelbrock website for the exact phrase "power valve". I got one link in return, and it was in regards to an Edelbrock Q-Jet.

On a site, I found this: "Briefly though I can expound on a few things regarding how the "power mode" interacts with the main metering system, which I didn't think was explained well enough in the manual. I learned this information through trial and error and through talking to Edelbrock Technical Support. What they call the power mode is the same thing Holley accomplishes by using a power valve."

???

~jp

SnoMan wrote:

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens

Actually, the Carter name may be on that carb somewhere. Seems like I saw it on there at one point.

Believe me...I will be going to fuel injection at some point--probably TBI. At least it's self-regulating up to a point.

~jp

David Johns> Oh thank God for the wonderful world of fuel injection. Nothing like driving

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens

Got my carbs mixed up sorry. I do reacll that what I wound up doing with my Qjets was to use large jets and large metering rods so that they leaned out well at cruise butfattened up nicely with foot in it. Larger dia rods still have same min diameter at bottom of rod so a biiger rod in a bigger jet allows for lean cruise and more fuel when foot is in it. Maybe you should stick with 98's and find a larger diameter rod. It is a thought anyway.

SnoMan