substitute for serp belt

For the second time in the my truck life (88 chevy 3/4 ton), my truck has broken the head off a power steering bracket bolt. As a result, the power steering unit is c*ck-eyed and throws the serp belt off. I am about 20 miles from my closest shop where I can have the broken bolt body removed and replaced. With no drive belt, I can't make it without overheating the truck. Anyone got any suggestions on something I can use in a pinch to drive the water pump while bypassing the power steering pump?

Keith

Reply to
Hobbs Family

Get it Towed, and get it fixed. No hack job will hold up. You'll just end up with more problems screwing with it. Have AAA, 20 mile Tow is free.

Reply to
JBDragon