Suburban headlight conversion/change

Which of the headlight bulbs which are advertised to change out without a wiring change really work and give better lighting? The lights have never been good on my wife's '99 suburban

Thanks

Reply to
Jim Garlington

There mill be some diferent trains of thought on this...but...Unless you are going to do a TRUE HID conversion, you wont get much or any vast improvement in lighting with just bulbs. Direct drop in 'HID' bulbs are really nothing more than a coated regular Halogen bulb, pretty much like the rest of the specialty bulbs on the market(although there might be a few out there that DO improve visibility noticeably). Don't fall for all the hype out there...do your homework and ask people in the know! The most important part is to make sure the lens of the housing is highly polished and that the inside is very clean and not flaking.

You could go to a higher wattage bulb, but then your bending or breaking the law. There is a conversion in JCWhitney that hooks up to all the original wiring and keeps the low beams on when the high beams are on...I haven used it nor do I know anyone who has, but in theory its an awesome plan and I have seen trucks on the road that have all 4 lights on in high and the output is bright in comparison.

"Jim Garlington" wrote in message news:EYSdf.15056$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com...

Reply to
Shades

Look for Xenon bulbs. They are a little brighten than regular halogens.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman