Suspension Problem

I just bought a new 2003 chevy silverado ext. cab shortbed. I was driving on the interstate and the road changed to concrete. Speed was 70 mph. The truck started bouncing very hard and high. So hard and high that I had a hard time keeping control of the truck. I immediately slowed down and and it still bounced hard and high. I can't take it to the dealer until Mon.. I'm by no means a mechanic. Can anyone give me a clue as to what could be wrong? Thanks.

Reply to
Okie

One or more of the balancing weights on a wheel fell off. One reason.

Reply to
Todd Copeland

"Okie" wrote

Have you checked your tire pressures? Depending on what GVW your truck is, and what tires you have, they actually call for 80 ft lbs for the rear tires. Interestingly enough, this is the max press for those heavy duty tires. To me, this is too much tire pressure for an unloaded truck. You might want to reduce the tire pressures a little bit a time and experiment with the ride quality.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Reply to
Okie

Soundin like you blew a shock. I am guessing this thing is a half ton so stand on the front bumper and giver her a good jump up and down then jump off. If you blew a shock or 4 it very well might keep bouncing for a few moments. It still doesn't sound right cause I have never heard of a truck going nuts just cause of a change in road material. Best bet is to take it to the dealer

Reply to
sidewinder

Blew out a shock or two or three or four.........................

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Unbalanced tires make the truck vibrate and shimmy, NOT bounce.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to