Towing Question

I my get a new camper with a GVWR rating of 6,000 lbs. My 02 Silverado 4X4 Ext. Cab has a 4.8 motor and 3.73 rear. Chevy say's I have GCWR rating of 12,000 lbs. I believe that's total weight for trailer and truck loaded. I have the heavy duty tow package. Can my 4.8 cut the mustard. Thanks Dave

Reply to
David Fritz

Yes it can. For reference my '02 Sierra is a 1500 Extended cab with short bed 4x4 and it weighs 5100lbs without the driver. This doesn't give you a lot of room to play with but if you leave the kitchen sink at home you could squeak by. If you decide you are serious about this camper may I suggest you spend $5 and get it weighed unloaded.

Joshua

Reply to
Joshua Phillips