Tire question -- The biggest tire on a stock `02 S-10 15x7 rim.

Does anyone have any knowledge on selecting tires for an `02 S-10 extended cab? I want to keep my stock 15x7 rims ( i like the way they look).

I want to get a set of meats that will give the truck a nice sport-truck look along with a decent ride. I don't want a lot of road noise or screw-up the speedo readings.

The place I bought the truck from used threw a set of what looks like regular passenger car tires on it to get it through inspection. Current tires are 205/75/15 whitewalls with the white wall installed facing in. They look semi-shitty.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

I suggest 235/70. It's the size used on the 2wd Blazer (same wheel). Less than one size taller and three sizes wider. Also, some 235/70's run wider than others -- The Firestone Indy 500 is a pretty beefy one.

RM

Reply to
richard6121

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 23:57:19 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@excite.calm wrote something wonderfully witty:

Thanks, That is around the lines I was thinking. Funny how long this post has languished without any response. I was beginning to think nobody knew anything about Tires :)

Reply to
ZombyWoof